Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary


TO ME!


A year ago my first book, ROLL PLAY, was released by Ellora's Cave. It was the first full book I had ever submitted for publication and the release day was one I will remember forever. We popped champagne at midnight, I received calls and flowers all day, and my mom surprised me for a visit that night by taking the train to Massachusetts from New Jersey and having my husband pick her up at the station. It was a magical day.

Today I am still kind of floating from that first release and looking forward to future releases. My next story, RETURN TO XANDER, comes out September 22nd in EC's JEWELS OF THE NILE, CAVEMEN III anthology, which makes it my first print book. I have a dark fiction story coming out in an another anthology later this year and I am submitting three more stories in the next few weeks.

Yes, I've had some tough days and a refusal on a book I loved, but I choose this roller coaster ride called the writing life - and I'll never change my mind.

I wish you your dreams coming true in the months to come. Thanks for celebrating with me.


Warmly,
Rowan

No comments: